Saturday, October 23, 2010

Living In The New World Vs. The Old

This post is about young people living now from when people who are 40 years or older were my age. I believe times are harder for kids my age because of first of all the world has become more expansive now a days unlike in the 60's and down. I think some parents now don't get how much harder it is. Young adults stay living with there parents because things have become so expansive. Here are some examples, rent, children, cars, phone, college, etc. Rent for an 1 bedroom apartment is around at least 500 dollars a month but for someone like me who can't afford it, I either have to find some roommates or have a girlfriend or boyfriend that you have been with for awhile and can trust same with the roommates. Lucky I have a really good friend who I can do that with it's just a matter of saving up money. Don't get me wrong people from back had it hard to, but it was different things. Unfortunately some young people are not responsible and have children at a very young age which I think is pretty stupid unless you have good jobs and a good place to have them then that's okay. Like my mom says make sure you rap it up! Cars I think are around the same for people now and back then. I'm not talking about the prices of course but paying for a car altogether. Phone are way more expensive now a days because first of most people have a cell phone instead of a house phone and most of the time cell phones are way more expensive then house phones, but there are good reasons to having a cell phone instead of a house phone. One reason is because it could save your life someday. For example you could be kidnapped and could call the police or if you get into an accident while your driving you could call for help. So these are reasons why I think it's harder to live money wise from now then in older generations.

No comments:

Post a Comment